Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davekerby
Helper II
Helper II

Can i change the background colour of a report in PowerBI?

Hi,

Is it possible to change the background colour of my PoweView report in PowerBI? I've created a PowerView report in Excel and uploaded it to PowerBI, however upon loading it it has removed the black background colour and replaced it with a  white background colour, is it not possible to have a coloured backgroud within the report in PowerBI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arieln
Employee
Employee

I understand this is an import scenario from Excel Power View report to the new PowerBI service.

We havent yet implemented custom background setting. which is the reason we dont import the current setting, nor can you change it manually.

We do plan on implementing more customization in coming months and background setting will be one of them.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Arieln
Employee
Employee

I understand this is an import scenario from Excel Power View report to the new PowerBI service.

We havent yet implemented custom background setting. which is the reason we dont import the current setting, nor can you change it manually.

We do plan on implementing more customization in coming months and background setting will be one of them.

Three years after the PowerBI team promised an imminent fix, you still can't set the background color for an entire report in PowerBI Service. I just did this by hand-adjusting the background on each of my report's 20 pages. This is absurd.

Three years after a promised fix from the PowerBI team (above), and unless I'm missing something you still can't set the background color for an entire report in PowerBI service. I am now setting all 20 pages in a report by hand. This is absurd.

Has there been an update in report background settings since the last post?

Thanks

Are you talking about making the entire back ground color black? or just on a visualization?
If you are talking about a visualization, you can click on the chart and in the right hand nav select the paintbrush, and scroll to the bottom and select the "background". There are some exceptions like tables, matrix, gauge, etc that you don't have this option, but most do.

back1.JPG

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors