Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Can end user access the data behind report ?

Hi everyone

As I'm sharing my first reports (only to other members of my company) I'm starting to ask myself if end users can access the data behind visual ? 

For example, I have a calculated column that count the number of phone number that I have (from 3 differents columns) 

In a visual I use my calculated column to show the percentage of 1 number / 2 number / 3 number and 0 number.

But can the end user access to my phone number column (wich are sensitive data) ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you share a dashboard or report, those you share it with can view it and interact with it, but can't edit it. They see the same data that you see in the dashboard or report, unless row level security (RLS) is applied. So, in this case end users will be able to view the data but not access it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you share a dashboard or report, those you share it with can view it and interact with it, but can't edit it. They see the same data that you see in the dashboard or report, unless row level security (RLS) is applied. So, in this case end users will be able to view the data but not access it.

So they can only see what the report show ? 

My sensistive datas are not shown on any visual but are only used for calculated columns, so It's ok ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. They can only see the data that is in reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors