Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JeffJ60
Frequent Visitor

Can create dataset, but then dataset will not load? Permissions are fine.

Good morning,

As the subject line suggest, I am able to create a dataset (I am Global Admin, no RLS, from a SSAS cube source) but after the dataset has been created, it will not load ("model schema cannot load" error. I have checked the permissions in Power BI service, and can already connect to the ODC file Power BI creates with Analyze in Excel, but the Power BI service itself seems to be the only place where the model will not load. Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
JeffJ60
Frequent Visitor

Good morning.  I can create a dataset with no issues, but the schema for the model will not load. I can Analyze in Excel without issue, and can author against the dataset in PBI Desktop, but after uploading the report, I cannot get it to load as a report on Power BI. Thoughts?

@JeffJ60 Are you publishing the PBIX file, or are you talking about an Excel file?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JeffJ60,

From your description, it seems that the dataset get data from the SSAS cube. Did you connect to SSAS in a live connection or import mode?

As it's on-premise data source, it require gateway to build connection between service and SSAS. Did you use the personal gateway or on-premise data gateway? Was that gateway installed on the same machine as SSAS server? Please share the screenshot about the detail error message with us. Also please share the dataset settings on service. 

To manage SSAS data source on service, you can refer to this article: Manage your data source - Analysis Services.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Interstingly, I can connect to the app and see the data just fine, but my user cannot.  The error suggests a username or password problem, but I cannot find any discrepancy. I checked the versioning on the gateway, and it is up to date.

Most recent error code; 

Error CodeDM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError Underlying error code-2147467259 Correlation IDe8b3f787-600b-0514-682b-a8f1830c8d13 Underlying error messageThe following system error occurred: The user name or password is incorrect. DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult-2147467259 Activity ID0ad285de-3608-4888-bd92-abc79328603d Request IDc47d621e-0986-f893-4255-f02ee979155f TimeWed May 10 2017 08:37:36 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Version13.0.1700.2027 Cluster URIhttps://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors