Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

swan1099
Helper I
Helper I

Can PowerBI Web Service Refresh Access 32 Bit database?

Hello,

We are a small company, and our ERP system is powered by MS Access. I host our DB files in our sharepoint environment. I've been able to design & refresh this data with the PowerBI desktop editor, but when I upload the file into the cloud service, the refreshes all seem to fail. Is the service capable of refreshing 32bit Access?

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@swan1099

Access 32 bit database is supported in Power BI. Just make sure you have the 32 bit Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 on your machine which you create your Power BI report.

After you publish your .pbix onto Power BI Service, it will take Personal Gateway by default. I suggest you change it to On-Premise Gateway (create a Web source in On-Premise Gateway) to see if you can edit your credential in data source setting and trigger refresh properly.

Regards,

Hello,

When attempting to sign in with a credential, the service will only let me choose from:

• Anonymous
  • Basic
  • Windows

I've tried all three, and none seem to work -- unfortunately organization account isn't an option?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors