Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ahmadov_10
Helper II
Helper II

Can Power BI be considered a service on Azure ( SaaS or PaaS)

Hello Experts,

Can we find Power BI a Software as service (SaaS) when we use Azure (or PaaS) . If Power BI is considered a service in Azure cloud : 

- what is the general advantages, specially VS Power BI Service (Pro Licence)

- how much it costs 

- how we can buy this service in azure ( I mean how much costs azure azure licence + Power BI service at least ) 

(   @amitchandak  , @selimovd , @parry2k , @Greg_Deckler , @arvindsingh802 , @arvindsingh802  , @Pragati11  and all community of super stars , i need your helps , Thanks)

Best regards, 

Ahmadov

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@ahmadov_10 If I understand the request, what you are looking for is Power BI Embedded. This has A sku's: Pricing - Power BI Embedded | Microsoft Azure. You can buy it directly in your Azure portal or have your CSP do it. The advantage is the licensing usage. You pay for capacity and you can embed the visuals and reports into your own application and anyone using your application can view and interact without per user charges or licenses.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

Have the superusers’ replies helped you to understand this aspect of knowledge? Because their answers are detailed and substantial to me.

If so, would you like to mark one of their replies as a solution so that others can learn from it too?

Thanks in advance!

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ahmadov_10
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks to you all Experts 🙂 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ahmadov_10 What you are saying has nothing to do with Azure until you want to embed reports (as suggested by @Greg_Deckler )in your portal for internal or external users. 

There are two main parts of Power BI,

1st -> Power BI Desktop - user for data prep,data modelling, report authoring. As name suggests it is a Windows Desktop application, every author who need to develop/create Power BI contents need this application, and it is free to download. Now you can have this on VM (who cares where that VM is) , people access it and run the application. It has nothing to do with Azure.

2nd -> Power BI Service - This is where you publish your reports (developed in Step 1) to share with others. Again it has nothing to do with Azure, it is a Microsoft Power BI report sharing online offering. To share reports with others within the organization, users need a minimum Power BI Pro license.

This is a high level to get started with Power BI in your organization to develop and share the reports.

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@ahmadov_10 If I understand the request, what you are looking for is Power BI Embedded. This has A sku's: Pricing - Power BI Embedded | Microsoft Azure. You can buy it directly in your Azure portal or have your CSP do it. The advantage is the licensing usage. You pay for capacity and you can embed the visuals and reports into your own application and anyone using your application can view and interact without per user charges or licenses.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hello,

My need is to know how Azure provides people using Power BI : 

a service (SaaS) called Power BI (completed environement to develop reports) / or we can buy virtual Machine and we install Power BI .

So you helped me when you give me this information :  Power BI Embedded is included on Azure , just to verify this service allow us to develop reports (or only to integrate visuals on our organization or other users)

So to simplify , my question is : what options offered by azure to use Power BI to make all operations (developing reports , sharing and integrating) 

Hi @ahmadov_10 ,

As @parry2k mentioned that for

1. DEVELOPING reports you need Power BI Desktop (a free windows application)
  2. SHARING reports you need a Power BI Service License (in most of the cases PRO license works well)
  3. INTEGRATING can be done as mentioned by @Greg_Deckler regarding Power BI reports embedding.

Azure license has no role to play in the above scenario when you are trying to achieve only the above.

Have you got a scenario where you really need Azure access? If you are just trying to DEVELOP, SHARE and EMBED then you don't need Azure license.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors