Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jengwt
Helper V
Helper V

Can PBI Server report and app URLs be changed?

The URL for a PBI app is ugly and not user friendly: https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps/bdebac4d-176b-4a77-84aa-9ea43588a559/reports/47dd430b-0b29-47...

Same thing for the reports which are displayed in the app: https://app.powerbi.com/groups/cb7539d7-6742-45ab-8e40-fdc69847fc24/reports/47dd430b-0b29-47c9-bba6-...

How can we go about changing these to something more user friendly? Is that even possible?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

I don't think you can change the url of Power Bi. The only way to have something like this changed is if you Embed Power Bi in your site and then you can use the name you want for this.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

That's a good idea, but I don't think it's a feasible solution because:

1. What's the point of PBI server if you just embed everything?

2. Security for embedded reports is a nightmare, I'm told. We've also had compatibilty and functionality issues with embedded reports.

I don't agree. But anyway, why don't you let security to Power Bi. You can embed easily with a link and let microsoft to handle the login.

Like this:

"Embed Website or portal" should give you a link that will ask for microsoft login in order to see the report. You can have this iframe in any website with the name you want and let security to microsoft.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

@ibarrau  We do have a number of embedded reports, but I'm told the problem is not the embedding itself, but rather the RLS in embedded reports.

I will touch base with those folks and compare how they're doing it compared to what you've suggested.

However, it still doesn't address my question about changing report URLs. We don't want to embed everything. Half the point of PBI server is to have your reports in the same place.

The way I'm showing is almost the same of having power bi portal. I get your point of ugly URL, but I'm afraid to say that I don't think this is possibly.

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors