Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LeslieCox
Frequent Visitor

Can ONLY the data be exported into Excel (without the filter info at the bottom)?

I have a use case where my user wants to be able to export the data from a filtered BI table into Excel and then use that file as an upload file into another one of our systems.

The problem is that pesky line BI appends to the bottom of the file that lists the filters that have been applied, necessitating an extra step of opening the excel, going to the end of the file, and removing that info.

Is there any way to NOT have that line appended, and just getting only the data itself?

Thanks in advance for any help; I'm pretty much expecting a negative answer, but it can't hurt to ask.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

No, you cannot configure that.

Alternatives are:

1. Use Power Automate to extract the data - depends on your user license and skill. But you can extract data into a table of your design. The Power Automate forum though is the place to ask the details on how that would work - though here you could ask for help on the query.
    1. edhans_0-1654799168040.png

2. Use paginated reports to export. Requires PPU or PPC though.  A Pro license won't work.
  3. Use Power Query in Excel to generate the data if it can connect to all of the data sources. Then you design the table as desired.

A number of ways to go about it. There are surely more. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
edhans
Super User
Super User

No, you cannot configure that.

Alternatives are:

1. Use Power Automate to extract the data - depends on your user license and skill. But you can extract data into a table of your design. The Power Automate forum though is the place to ask the details on how that would work - though here you could ask for help on the query.
    1. edhans_0-1654799168040.png

2. Use paginated reports to export. Requires PPU or PPC though.  A Pro license won't work.
  3. Use Power Query in Excel to generate the data if it can connect to all of the data sources. Then you design the table as desired.

A number of ways to go about it. There are surely more. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Thank you - your first alternative might be possible for us; I'll check into that.

#2 is out simply because we only have Pro, and since this needs to be easily accessible to a user who doesn't have the back-end access I do, we probably won't try #3.

Appreciate your time and help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors