Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I subscribe to Power BI Pro without O365?

My organization is interested in subscribing to Power BI Pro but we do not use Office 365 (we run Google Suite). A couple of my colleagues and I were able to start a free trail using our gmail accounts and I was even able to share a couple of reports with them so I pressume we can subscribe to a paid version wihtout O365 but I could be wrong. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi relsharif,

You don’t need to have an O365 account but you must have an AAD account to purchase Power Bi Pro license. For details, please refer to sirui_sun’s reply in this case https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Using-Power-BI-service-without-an-Office-365-account/m-p/26....

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I do not believe that you need an O365 for Power BI Pro although you will end up with an Azure AD Tenant. That being said, the integration between the O365 Suite, Power BI, Dynamics and other Microsoft cloud properties is superb.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi relsharif,

You don’t need to have an O365 account but you must have an AAD account to purchase Power Bi Pro license. For details, please refer to sirui_sun’s reply in this case https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Using-Power-BI-service-without-an-Office-365-account/m-p/26....

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors