Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

npoulis
Frequent Visitor

Can I "Publish to web" without a Pro account?

Hi,

Is it possible to publish a report to web (publicly) without using my organization's account?

For example a demo report for what Power BI can do on public data, but not to be associated with any organization.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So after some "googling" there is an option for signing up for free workspace on Power Bi by creating a "onmicrosoft.com" account by signing up a free trial for Office 365 E3.

That gave me my own workspace where I can issue embed codes and creating public reports.

The instructions are on  Sign up for Power BI as an individual at the Troubleshooting 

Question

"You entered a personal email address: Please enter your work email address so we can securely store your company's data."

Answer

"If you still can't sign up and are willing to complete a more advanced setup process, you can register for a new Office 365 trial subscription and use that email address to sign up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @npoulis 

This article list all the requirements and limitations.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-to-web#limitations

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

Hi @Mariusz ,

Thanks for the quick reply, I know about the limitations of the public report.

My question is if I can publish without having a workspace, since having a workspace means having a subscription.

Or is it possible to own a workspace without Pro lisense so I can enable to issue Embedded Codes.

So after some "googling" there is an option for signing up for free workspace on Power Bi by creating a "onmicrosoft.com" account by signing up a free trial for Office 365 E3.

That gave me my own workspace where I can issue embed codes and creating public reports.

The instructions are on  Sign up for Power BI as an individual at the Troubleshooting 

Question

"You entered a personal email address: Please enter your work email address so we can securely store your company's data."

Answer

"If you still can't sign up and are willing to complete a more advanced setup process, you can register for a new Office 365 trial subscription and use that email address to sign up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors