Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pradeepki

Can I publish a report to POWER BI cloud using ipaddress OData feed?

Can i publish a report to POWER BI cloud using ipaddress instead valid DNS like "test.abc.com" ?

Published a report using OData feed (publicly accessiable) but with ipadress. We can access this ipaddress over the internet. When i trying to navigate to Schedule Refresh, this always asking "choose Gatewasy", but we expecting enable "Connect Directly" with Odata credentials.

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pradeepki,

Can i publish a report to POWER BI cloud using ipaddress instead valid DNS like "test.abc.com" ?

Yes, we can.

Published a report using OData feed (publicly accessiable) but with ipadress. We can access this ipaddress over the internet. When i trying to navigate to Schedule Refresh, this always asking "choose Gatewasy", but we expecting enable "Connect Directly" with Odata credentials.

Does your dataset contain other data sources? If the data in the data source comes from an OData feed online only, it should be connected directly, and the gateway is not needed.Smiley Happy

odata1.PNG

Regards

Thanks v-ljerr-msft. I created the report with single OData feed entity and this OData feed url is accessiable over the internet(online). my odata feed entry like as "http://<ip-address>/odata/schema1/entity1".

I verified the same by using northwind online OData feed(http://services.odata.org/V3/Northwind/Northwind.svc). In this case, i'm able to see the "Connect Directly" option in "Schedule Refresh" in cloud powerBI.

In our case, the url is exposed by using ip-address ..for e.g. http://<<127.0.0.1>>/odata/schema1 and this URL is accessible over the internet.

Hi @pradeepki,

That's a little weird. As I haven't got a valid data source for testing yet, I will try to find a way to test it and let you know whether I can reproduce the same issue on my side.Smiley Happy

Regards

pradeepki

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors