Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joshKo

Can I import oracle DB from Power Bi Service version?

Hi all!!!

Can I import Oracle DB from a Power BI Service version that works on the web other than the Power BI Desktop version?

Can I import oracle DB from the Power BI service version available on the web other than the Power BI DeskTop version that I use?

I'd really appreciate it if you could explain how!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you want your report to be refreshed in the service from an on-premise Oracle database, you will need to install a gateway somewhere in your environment, that has access to the Oracle database.  Once you install the gateway, provision the Oracle data source for the gateway.  Then publish your pbix file to the service, and it should be able to refresh from the Oracle data source through the gateway

How to install and setup oracle data source for the gateway was in the links I provided

Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @joshKo,

As of now, it is not available to directly connect to Oracle DB from Power BI service.

In Power BI service, you can connect live to database in the cloud including Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Spark on Azure HD Insight, and SQL Server Analysis Services, and database on-premises including SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular model. For any other types of databases, you'll need to first use Power BI Desktop or Excel to connect to, query, and load data into a data model. Then, publish the .pbix file to service so that you can refer to that data model on service.

Reference: Data sources for the Power BI service

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If you want your report to be refreshed in the service from an on-premise Oracle database, you will need to install a gateway somewhere in your environment, that has access to the Oracle database.  Once you install the gateway, provision the Oracle data source for the gateway.  Then publish your pbix file to the service, and it should be able to refresh from the Oracle data source through the gateway

How to install and setup oracle data source for the gateway was in the links I provided

Thanks,

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You can, but you'll need to install a gateway that has access to your Oracle data source

Please see the following links for reference

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-manage-oracle

Good luck

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors