Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculated column being cleared when loaded to powerbi.com

I have a calculated field that comprises of the town a property is in with ", England" appended to the end to enable me to map the number of properties in each town on a Map.

This was working fine until recently, but it now appears that this field is being cleared (or not calculating), I'm not sure which, when I load the report to powerbi.com.

The visualisation works perfectly OK in the Desktop app and I cannot recreate the problem there, so it seems to be something to do with the Service.

Is this a known problem (a quick search with my favourite search engine doesn't bring anything up) or can anybody give me any pointers as to how to debug what is going on?

I have tried renaming the field from Country (in case that caused a problem) and I have dropped an extra visual onto the report which shows the list of towns and a count, but that is clear by the time the report is viewed on powerbi.com.

Somewhat puzzled of Peterborough!

Ian Watkins

15 REPLIES 15

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors