Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JulianHC
Regular Visitor

Calculated Column not updating on scheduled refresh

Hi everyone,

I have a report that I've published to Power BI Service which uses a Date Dim with calculated columns labelling relative time periods.

My scheduled refresh updates the data from my source tables, but it does not recalculate my calculated columns in my Date dim.

The calculated columns were created with DAX (example below)

Relative Month = Date_dim[SequentialMonthNumber] - CALCULATE(SUM(Date_dim[SequentialMonthNumber]),ALL(Date_dim),TODAY()=Date_dim[Date])

This column will give me 0 for the current month, -1 for the previous month, -2 for two months ago, etc.. when the next month comes along (May) the [Relative Month] column should label all days in May as 0. But running the scheduled refresh leaves all days in April as 0..

Downloading the report and republishing fixes this issue and gives me the correct recalculated columns.. but this defeats the purpose of a scheduled refresh.

How can I get the scheduled refresh to reload dimensions so that calculated columns are recalculated?

Thanks,
J

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

On every refresh all the calculated columns should be refreshed?

What time is the refresh happening?

I see that you are using TODAY(), and due to all the power BI servers having their dates stored in UTC it could be a timing issue?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors