Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

regnidem
Frequent Visitor

Calculate column percent by group total matrix

I’m a new user to Power BI and I’m trying to figure out how to accomplish the following in the web app.  I have access to the desktop version so I can make changes like adding measures to the data tables if necessary.

I have a matrix broken down by program (rows) and dates (columns).  It’s basically a count of appointment types by program and dates.  I’m trying to figure out a way to have a column that shows the percents of the program total by date.  The highlighted column below shows what I’m trying to do (the rest was copied from the matrix table that is currently generated).

TableExample.PNG

I’m using the following field criteria to set up the table. 

TableSettings.PNG 

Because I’m doing this in the web app, I don’t have access to the “Show values as” option so I can’t just create a new column with the same data and display it differently.  How can I go about accomplishing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
regnidem
Frequent Visitor

I'm not exactly sure why it works, but adding the following measure allowed me to accomplish what I was trying to do.

AppointmentPercent = Divide(count(Productivity[Appointment]), calculate(count(Productivity[Appointment]), all(Productivity[Appointment])))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
regnidem
Frequent Visitor

I'm not exactly sure why it works, but adding the following measure allowed me to accomplish what I was trying to do.

AppointmentPercent = Divide(count(Productivity[Appointment]), calculate(count(Productivity[Appointment]), all(Productivity[Appointment])))
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors