Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Buttons in Power BI desktop

Hi All, 

I am creating a button in Power BI report in order to toggle between different views(Table view and chart view), but a drawback I see here is that, when I toggle between views and now if I change some values in the slicers, and then toggle back to the inital view, the slicers selections are gone and it takes back the default slicer values when I first created a bookmark.

But I want the slicer value to be applied when I toggle between the views.

Eg : 1.  I created a button, and then created a bookmark, when I created the bookmark the YEAR slicer selction is 2020.

2. Now , I click on the button to change the view, when I am in this view, i changed the YEAR slicer to 2019.

3. I go back to the inital view by clicking on the button.

4. Here, the 2019 selection is gone and it takes back 2020 which is not how the user wants.

Is there any way to keep the new slicer selections in all the views when toggled using button or is there any workaround?

Thanks

Poojitha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous  If you unselect the Data option of the bookmark, it will not clear your latest slicer selection.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Unselect the Data option of the bookmark.

unselect.png

Alternative option- 

Now you can use buttons to navigate to different pages.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-buttons#create-page-navigation

If you want to retain the slicer selection, you can enable the sync slicer.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers#sync-and-use-slicers-on-other-pages

Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Here is my latest blog

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Dynamic-Page-Navigation-Based-on-User-Login/ba-p/1097786

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

The buttons is not giving the flexibility for edit interactions.

When I toggle between the buttons, I would want to retain the selections made in the slicers. The slicers values are cleared when I toggle between the buttons as I have created a bookmark for the button and the bookmark captures the current instance of the report and this makes the slicer selections to be cleared and go back to the intial one when the bookmark was created.

Is there any workaround for this?

@Anonymous  If you unselect the Data option of the bookmark, it will not clear your latest slicer selection.

Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, it helped!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors