Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Frixel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Button with filter

Hi all,

A question;
Is it possible to set filters for a button?

For example, I want 2 buttons that if the value is one the button will turn red and a button if a value is two the button will turn green.
Or is that also possible with visualizations, although I have not been able to find that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Frixel 

Do you mean you connect the onedrive data source on desktop and publish it to the service?

The dataset should be synced from Onedrive every one hour by default. but if you made changes on the onedrive, you should refresh the dataset and report in the service manually. note that you should refresh the web page if you'd like to see the latest updates in report.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Frixel 

kindly check the attachment whether help.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi @v-diye-msft 

Thanks for the button.

Can i import it in a existing report in the service version?

Hi @Frixel 

Sorry you can't, you should download the report as pbix from the service and implement the changes before republishing it. cuz data modeling is not supported in power bi service.

quickly.

Hi @v-diye-msft 

Do you know why I use the desktop service to make a report of a file that is on one drive and publish it.
That in the service version the report is not directly updated with the onedrive connector if an update to the file has make?

Hi @Frixel 

Do you mean you connect the onedrive data source on desktop and publish it to the service?

The dataset should be synced from Onedrive every one hour by default. but if you made changes on the onedrive, you should refresh the dataset and report in the service manually. note that you should refresh the web page if you'd like to see the latest updates in report.

quickly.

Hi @v-diye-msft 

Yes, I understand that, but when I make the report in the service version, I get a OneDrive connector in the settings and a refrech takes place immediately (about 5 minutes).

1.png

Is that not possible if you make the report in the deck version?

Melvlee
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Frixel ,

Not sure what visual you would like to use.

I can show you what I did with a table visual.

1. I created a measure which returns a circle symbol based on the status.

StatusIcons =
VAR _result =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Status[Status] )
RETURN
    IF ( _result = "1", "CircleSymbolLow", "CircleSymbolHigh" )

2. Set up conditional formatting of Icons for Status field.

Melvlee_1-1594517300629.png

3. Here is the outcome.

2020-07-12_11-52-28.png

Best Regards

Hi @Melvlee 

Thanks for your answer but a question.

is this also possible in the service version with i work?

Where and how do i set this?

StatusIcons =
VAR _result =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Status[Status] )
RETURN
    IF ( _result = "1", "CircleSymbolLow", "CircleSymbolHigh" )

Hi @Frixel ,

That is a measure you need to create.

Unfortunately, you are not able to create new measures in Power BI Service.

It has to be done in PBI desktop.

Regards

KBO
MVP

Hi @Frixel ,

I guess my workaround would be create a table in which I color the fields with conditional formatting. Than I would use a drill thourgh button to enable the row in the table and after that I klick on the drill through button to get more informations. But this is only one option 😄

Best,

Kathrin

Hi @KBO 

I think i don`t understand you.

When i do like this everything is red, also status 2.

And what do you mean with "klick on the drill through button to get more informations'"

1.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors