Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jimmymitra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Business glossary in Power BI report

In our organisation , there is a business glossary that contains the definitions of all the key business terms. Currently this is maintained in excel spreadsheet , but business (mostly report consumers) requires that glossary terms and their definition to be available in the Power BI report so that they can hover over the fields in the report and can see the detail description of the field. 

If it is for self service user , we have already found a solution where we can mainatin the description in SSAS and when the self service user connects the cube , they can hover over the Field section and can see the respective definition ,

But while dragging the same field in the report view , the definitions are carried over to the report/visual. 

Any suggestion on how we can implement this functionality in Power BI report would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jimmymitra

What about the feature Report Tooltip Pages ? You could create a tooltip page and create a visual including the business glossary.

Then you could add the tooltip when you create a visual, the business glossary will show on the tooltip when you hover over on the visuals.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jimmymitra

What about the feature Report Tooltip Pages ? You could create a tooltip page and create a visual including the business glossary.

Then you could add the tooltip when you create a visual, the business glossary will show on the tooltip when you hover over on the visuals.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jimmymitra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Any expert feedback on the topic I listed? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors