Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maartenk
Frequent Visitor

Bug in slicer date range: max date filters out on max date + 1

Capture3.PNG

In the dashboard in the picture on the right you see 2 controls:

- a slicer containing a Date field.

- a table showing data of the same dataset.

What do you see?

A slicer filtering up to 9 November.

The data showing up to 10 November!

I think a bug in power BI?

10 REPLIES 10
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @maartenk,

According to your description, I have tested it on my side, the date slicer works fine for me without this issue. I am using the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.40.4554.463 64-bit (October 2016)). What version of Power BI Desktop are you using in your scenario? Could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce this issue in this case?Smiley Happy

issue.PNG

Regards

My version: 2.40.4554.421 64-bit (October 2016)

Problem is with DirectQuery mode!

My report is a directquery mode report! I need that in my case. Import mode is not an option.

I narrowed down the problem by removing all other datasets and removing all relations.

I tried to prepare an uploadable pbix file with the problem. But that will not work for a DirectQuery mode report unless I supply credentials for the database behind the report. So I switched the report to Import mode, than also the  problem was gone.

This means de data slicer is NOT working in direct query mode, the date range gives this bug.

Hi @maartenk,

I reproduced this issue with DirectQuery Model. And I have confirmed that this issue has already been reported, and the Product Team is working on it. I will keep an eye on this issue, and post the updates here.Smiley Happy

Regards

Not resolved in November update????

Hi @maartenk,

I just got a feedback that this is an issue in Analysis Server in direct query mode. The PBI team is still working on fixing it. For now the user can either import and the filter works fine else set the date to one less than what he wanted the range.Smiley Happy

Regards

I would like to ask a stupid question:

1. How do the Microsoft developers miss such a basic function in thier code?

2. Where are the quality control measures?

3.  Microsoft must have known ablout this issue otherwise it clearly outlines the neglect and irresponsability of Power BI development

4. This is such a basic function, how in the WORLD can something like this NOT have been discovered before releasing to the public

5. Is Microsoft simply releasing CRAP and dont really give a darn about the iompact to customers?

Come on, This is BASIC, simple date filtering is a very basic function that should have been discovered in the quality control process.  Does thius mean that Microsoft has no quality control in Place for Power BI? 

Again, this is simply a BASIC date function.  A  5th grader is smarter than this!!!!! NO microsoft, your power bi developers are NOT smarter than a 5th grader!!!

In the last (this Januar) release it seemed to be fixed

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

Need some clarification.

Slicer and Tabular report data coming from same table or different table ?

If your answer is different table , u have to check the relatioship.

Same table

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors