Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FlavioMeneses
Advocate II
Advocate II

Bug in default date picker window (browser)

Hi, 

Whenever I use the calendar pop-up window in the browser to search through months, the arrows keep moving around depending on the number of weeks, which is frustrating. This is an example: 

calendarservice.gif

IMO this should behave like it does in Power BI Desktop, where the arrows stay in place, making selections much faster:

calendardesktop.gif 

Thanks!

Flavio

B.I. Evolution

6 REPLIES 6
FlavioMeneses
Advocate II
Advocate II

@v-yetao1-msftthanks for coming back on this but the bug is still present, it doesn't seem as simple as clearing the cache. This behaviour happens across different browsers and machines; also, other users in my company have experienced this. I haven't been able to find a pattern, as it does not affect all published reports. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FlavioMeneses 

Has your problem been solved ? If it has been solved, provide your method for the problem then consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FlavioMeneses 

I tested it in my service and the display was all normal . Maybe you can sign out of your account, then clear the browser cache, and then try again .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

FlavioMeneses
Advocate II
Advocate II

I should add, this is the case across browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE) and different machines. The only resemblance of a pattern I've found is that older reports seem to be more affected, but might be coincidence.

FlavioMeneses
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thanks for the reply @ibarrau. In the same browser (Chrome) I have reports that behave correctly and others that show the problem above. I can't really spot a pattern, hence why I thought it could be a bug? 

Here's the HTML for the date picker in both scenarios, differences in red.

Works fine:

<div id="ui-datepicker-div" class="ui-datepicker ui-widget ui-widget-content ui-helper-clearfix ui-corner-all themeableElement"
prevent-focus-loss="false" style="position: absolute; top: 262.328px; left: auto; z-index: 2; display: block; transform: scale(0.987501); transform-origin: right top; right: 260.963px;">

Doesn't work:
<div id="ui-datepicker-div" class="ui-datepicker ui-widget ui-widget-content ui-helper-clearfix ui-corner-all themeableElement"
prevent-focus-loss="false" style="position: absolute; top: auto; left: 340.454px; z-index: 2; display: block; transform: scale(0.995312); transform-origin: left bottom; bottom: 136.739px;">

Cheers,
Flavio 
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi! have you tried a different browser? it looks like there is a problem in your environment resolution or browser because I can't reproduce the movement of the window when click down or up. For me it stays perfect in the same place. (I'm using Opera)

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors