Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Renaud
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Bug? favorited reports inside a premium app pushes the whole app as favorite

Hello,

when favoriting a report INSIDE a premium app (I haven't checked on non-premium app), then in the favorite menu, the app itself appears, instead of the report.

Meaning it defeats the purpose of having a few favorite inside one or several app, it just highlights the whole app and then you still have to select your reports.
Could this be a bug?
the other non-favorited reports on the app do not appear as favorite (no star selected), but they are still displayed in the favorite menu once clicking on the app

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Renaud ,

I think that should be design, As currently we cannot favorite the dashboards/reports within that app like we can do with a dashboard/report in any other workspace. There is an idea about that, you can vote it up.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Renaud ,

Based on my test, I cannot reproduce your issue here. My Power bi service version is 13.0.8960.148. Here are the steps I took.

1. Publish the app in a premium workspace.

2. Set a report of the worksapce as favorite.

3. Refresh the page to check the Favorite pane.

pre.PNG

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hello @v-frfei-msft 

indeed it seems to be ok for you, but it's not for me or my colleagues in my company. How can I check the service version?

Hi again,

did you try to favorite from the workspace or from the app? in my case, it works well when favoriting a report from the workspace, but it does not work well when favoriting a report from the app.

Hi @Renaud ,

I think that should be design, As currently we cannot favorite the dashboards/reports within that app like we can do with a dashboard/report in any other workspace. There is an idea about that, you can vote it up.

Indeed, that's too bad. Feels like a step backward, not inciting to use apps over workspaces.

I voted for the idea

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors