Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug Map Visual

Since today the out of the box Bing map visual is bugged in the Power BI service (desktop is working fine). When filtering on a single location it isn’t showing the correct location on the map (screenshot 1). In screenshot 2 I have marked in red where the map was showing the incorrect location. I marked with green where it should have locked to show the correct location. So when I filter on a single location it looks like it is always showing a wrong piece of the map.

Screenshot 2Screenshot 2Screenshot 1Screenshot 1

I have tested it on different unrelated reports and different browsers, but the issue remained the same, if it’s a single location it gets incorrectly plotted on the map.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Discovered this yesterday. Went through the support channels to diagnose. Microsoft have responded with the following:

"Our product team mentioned that this is a known issue right now which is impacting many users.

Impact:

Users of the Bing Map visual may notice the auto-center feature is not locating the center correctly when all the data points are within a very small region (e.g. same city), or if they only have one data points. Each time they filter or cross-highlight, the autocenter may move to an incorrect location.

Workaround:

None – users will have to manually zoom out or pan the data points into focus each time they filter or crosshighlight.

Deployment Plan:

We will catch the 9.5 train this week which will get the fix by the end of next week with the standard deployment"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kobi
Regular Visitor

Same thing for me.

On the desktop version, it works fine but on the service and embedded versions it does not
It does too much zoom in and completely loses the dot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Discovered this yesterday. Went through the support channels to diagnose. Microsoft have responded with the following:

"Our product team mentioned that this is a known issue right now which is impacting many users.

Impact:

Users of the Bing Map visual may notice the auto-center feature is not locating the center correctly when all the data points are within a very small region (e.g. same city), or if they only have one data points. Each time they filter or cross-highlight, the autocenter may move to an incorrect location.

Workaround:

None – users will have to manually zoom out or pan the data points into focus each time they filter or crosshighlight.

Deployment Plan:

We will catch the 9.5 train this week which will get the fix by the end of next week with the standard deployment"

Hi, is the same for me too... it was working fine until few day ago, now the auto zoom bring the user to the wrong position. 
Any information when we get it solved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can follow the status of the issue here:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/nl-nl/support/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors