Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Brian_M
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Bug: Expand down all one level in hierarchy - not publishing correctly to PowerBI.com service

When you expand the rows in a hierarchy in Matrix visualisation to show all the values in the next level down in the hierarchy, you see a result such as this.

Country1

State1

State2

Country2

State3

State4

When you publish this report to PowerBI.com service, the report incorrectly shows:

Country1

Country2

when the desired outcome is to show the expanded hierarchy as per the PBI Desktop report.

When I try a workaround to Edit the report in the service, expand the hierarchy and then Save the report again in the service, the expanded state is not saved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brian_M
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I've just deleted the report and dataset from the service and re-published and the correct behaviour is restored. I was having sporadic issues with changes made on the powerbi.com not saving correctly too. Perhaps there was a blip in powerbi.com service and/or some kind of caching glitch.

You can close this issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian_M
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I've just deleted the report and dataset from the service and re-published and the correct behaviour is restored. I was having sporadic issues with changes made on the powerbi.com not saving correctly too. Perhaps there was a blip in powerbi.com service and/or some kind of caching glitch.

You can close this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors