Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Browser bookmark to an app workspace "Datasets" section always takes me to the "Dashboards" section.

For My Workspace, the browser bookmark works fine.  When I click on the saved browser bookmark, it takes me to the datasets section of My Workspace. (Bookmark URL: https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/list/datasets)

The behavior is different for an app workspace.  A bookmark url like the one below always takes me to the Dashboards instead of the Datasets section - https://app.powerbi.com/groups/d15bf52d-2187-4684-9114-b3ba56bee415/list/datasets.  The "datasets" at the end of the url gets replaced with "dashboards".

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Couldn't reproduce your issue. Have you clicked Bookmarks-> Other bookmarks option like below:

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft 

Hi,

I'm actually not referring to that "bookmarks" within the PBI service.  I meant the web browser bookmark.  Please try this.  Go to the Datasets section of an app workspace.  Then bookmark it.  You may also just copy the url and paste it on another browser window.  You will see that it takes you to the Dashboards section instead of the Datasets section, as indicated in the url.

Regards,

Ferdinand

@Anonymous ,

I have viewed the network connection trace(client request/server response) using fiddler. You can find the request IP is not same with the response IP. So I guess this is because the Azure service(power bi service) will not response the specific sub page of the app workspace, instead it will always responce the first page(dashboard tab). 

Capture.PNG  

I'm not sure if it's an issue or just by design, if you need to know more details, I would suggest you to create a support ticket here.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I just want to add that browser bookmark for the Datasets tab works for the personal workspace (My Workspace) but not for app workspace.  Could you also do the same test you did to check why it works for personal but not for app workspace? If this is by design or because of Azure service, you would think the behavior should be the same for both personal and app workspaces, right?

Best regards,

Ferdinand

@Anonymous ,

Yes, actually the azure behavior between "my workspace" and "app workspace" is different, to know the specific reason of this, I would suggest you to create a support ticket to achieve deeper help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors