Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

phlppnsk
Frequent Visitor

Browser Cache Issue in App and Report

Hi,

as the title says I am having issues with the browser cache in combination with dataset refreshs. The dataset refreshes 3 times a day on a schedule, however, when opening the App or report, new data is not shown until I am doing a refresh of the page. This happens to users as well. Is there a way to force the App/report to be loaded from scratch whenever there was a refresh in data, or even whenever it is opened in the first place?

Thanks in advance for any input!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can advise your users to empty their browser cache when exiting the browser, or to use Incognito mode. Not really a Power BI issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can advise your users to empty their browser cache when exiting the browser, or to use Incognito mode. Not really a Power BI issue.

This can't be the solution, or even a serious answer, right?

Someone must have put some thought into how sources,reports and cache work together

You would think that. In recent days we have received complains from a handful of users that they are unable to view visuals content on specific reports based on composite data models. No amount of cache clearing seems to permanently fix it, not even F12 and hard cache resets.

I get the feeling that something borked again in the Power BI service but I can't prove it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors