Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Breadcrumbs from Dashboard to Report

Hi,

When we navigate from Dashboard to report till last month, we used to get breadcrumb from Dashboard to report. Like Dashboard --> Report.  We used this functionality to go to report and back to dashboard. Now users are not able to do this and this issue is creating navigation issue for users.

When we navigate we do not get breadcrumbs now. Is this functionality stopped ?

Thanks

Vivek

7 REPLIES 7
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

Please check that if there is something changed in link of dashboard.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dashboard-edit-tile

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lin,

There is no change mentioned and this link is last updated in 2018.

Thanks

Vivke

hi, @Anonymous 

It works well in my side, when I click the tile, it goes to the report, could you please share some screenshot with the explanation.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Notes from the field: the breadcrumbs are "responsive" and results appear to vary based on width of the browser window. On a large 4K monitor with the app maximized, they do not work, i.e. match several of the complaints found in this thread. I doubt most end-users work on this scale, hence lack of bug reports.

If I scrunch the window down there is a point where behavior is close to expected, namely the elipsis (dots) give you a popup navigation option, back to the home dashboard or back to the apps tab.

If you make the window really small, the breadcrumbs disappear.

I think the diagnostic value is clear: Responsive = Elusive

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lin,

When i click tile it goes to report but navigation is not shown in top like :

Previously its showing:

My Workspace --> My Dashboard --> My Report

Now its showing:

My Workspace -->  My Report

Thanks

Vivek

I am experiencing the same issue, several months later after your post.

Per the attached screenshot, the app starts with a primary dashboard and the user clicks-through to the report named "Show"

I would expect the find a link between "Apps >" and "> Show" which would take me back to the home page of the app. (i.e. exactly where they came from)

The three dots have no link. This is the problem, not expected behavior for breadcrumb links.

PBI breadcrumb links.JPG

I am also experiencing this same issue.  I need to have the breadcrumb include the dashboard name for the user to easily return to it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors