Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VLGL

Bookmarks not working

Hello. Yesterday I created and publish to Web report with bookmark on another page of the report and everything worked well. Today, this function does not work. The bookmark in Power BI Desktop - works, in Power Bi and Power Bi mobile - does not work. What is the problem?

5 REPLIES 5
PBNikr
Helper I
Helper I

So a strange thing happened. The test server was down for a while and I was basically just testing out the bookmark function without having any data actually loaded properly in the report. The bookmark worked fine in Power BI Desktop but not at all in Report Server. As soon as the test server was up and running again the bookmark started working.

I think this had to do with the option to save the current data choices in the bookmark. This was checked when I published the report and I think it might have been causing the bookmark to not work properly. Just a thought!

bergjm2
Helper I
Helper I

I just created a test report and published to the BI Service and the bookmark worked to go to a second page on the report.  I setup a bookmark for a second page and set a link for the bookmark on a shape on the first page of the report then published it to the Power BI service, and when I clicked on the shape, it brought up the bookmark on the second page.

PBNikr
Helper I
Helper I

Same issue here aswell. The link to the bookmark works fine in Power BI Desktop, however it does not work at all in Report Server.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@VLGL,

Currently, bookmark feature is not available in Power BI mobile app, please vote this idea about this issue.

In addition, I can use bookmarks in Power BI Service. Please turn on Bookmarks panel in Power BI Service in your scenario.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have the same issue.

This is not about turning bookmarks on/off.

It is about a visual with a link/bookmark to another page that is bookmarked.  This link is NOT working in the PBI service anymore.

I can turn on the bookmarks and then click on the bookmark, yes this works.  But this is not the purpose.  Users use the link in the report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors