Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zhaodan
Employee
Employee

Bookmarks navigation is not working again

This issue happened in Feb and was fixed by turning off corresponding flight.  More info: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Bookmark-navigation-in-the-service-does-not-work/m-p/949453... 

And now it happens again. When using a bookmark url as a custom link in dashboard, the bookmark Guid (?bookmarkGuid=) would drop and then skip to the defalut page. Is this function abandoned in the last update? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Zhaodan 

Sorry, it may take a while.

The information I've got so far is that this issue will be fix to be deployed on 4.4 (which means it will not be deployed until April 20th in a msit environment)

And I will continue to follow this post.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

There are new buttons that will allow you to easily navigate between pages.

Here is the link: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-march-2020-feature-summary/#_Page_navigati...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks for your reply. But my question is how to navigate a bookmark in Dashboard. 

Bookmark url was working as a custom link before. But now, if you click a tile with bookmark url, you will see the deault page and bookmark Guid parameter will be disappeared, i.e. url "XX/ReportSection?bookmarkGuid=XX" will automatically change to ""XX/ReportSection". 

Hi , @Zhaodan 

Here is a workaround  maybe you can take a try:

Edit details of your tile and enter  you bookmark  url.

09.png

11.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-easonf-msft ,

The previous reply is cutted down from the first picture and I don't know why. Sorry for uncomplete reply

The way you mentioned, I have using for several months. It used to work very well, but doesn't work from the last week.

I'm sure that I use the bookmark url as custom link in the tile, like picture 1. 

When I click this tile, and I can see the bookmark url in address box, like picture 2. 

Then the url changes in address box and drops ?bookmarkGuid=, like picture 3. 

Finnally, I see the default page, not bookmarks page. 

(picture 1)

Bookmark.JPG

(picture 2)

Bookmark2.JPG

(picture 3)

Bookmark3.JPG

Thanks,

zhaodan 

Hi , @Zhaodan 

Sorry for that  I can't reproduce your problem here, it works well in  my current environment.

Have your try  to copy  your bookmark url (in  your picture1) into  address box directly ,and  will the linked parameters also disappear?

Whether the following errors are reported in the process of picture 2 to picture 3 ?

(Is it possible that your bookmark URL has changed or expired? )

12.png

I will continue to focus on this issue.

Best Regards,

Hi @v-easonf-msft ,

I copied the bookmark url into address box and bookmark Guid also disappeared as before. 

No error was reported, just went to the default report directly. 

Could you please help to pin a visualization (like a line chart?) into dashboard and try to edit custom link by bookmark url again? 

Thanks,

Zhaodan 

Hi , @Zhaodan 

Sorry for that I can not reproduce your problem.

I copied the bookmark url into address box and bookmark Guid  and there is no problem.

(This bug should be fixed by the end of February)

And I  also  pin a line chart to test ,  it can work well too.

17.png

18.png

Do colleagues around you have the same problem? Can you  tested it on other  reports  , PowerBI  accounts and browsers  ?

Best Regards,

Hi @v-easonf-msft ,

sorry for delayed reply.

I ask other users for help and they can't use the bookmarks link in dashboard either.

I knew that bug was fixed by the end of Feb. It just happens again now. I found it doesn't work again in the second week of March. 

My tenant location is "West Central US". Are there something special in this location? 

Thanks,

Zhaodan 

Hi, @Zhaodan 

Sorry, it may take a while.

The information I've got so far is that this issue will be fix to be deployed on 4.4 (which means it will not be deployed until April 20th in a msit environment)

And I will continue to follow this post.

Best Regards,

Thank you for appraising us of the latest details regarding a fix to this issue.

In the meantime, can you suggest an alternate approach to present bookmarked views of reports in a Power BI app? As of today, I have 20 report level bookmarks built within one report, and each bookmark GUID URL is added as a Link to the UI of my Power BI app. When this functinality is broken, each link just points to the default view of the report, instead of the proper GUID URL.

Hi @curhey , you can try to add filters in url directly. Doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-url-filters 

Thanks,

Zhaodan 

@Zhaodan Thank you for the tip. However, the filter logic for the bookmarks can be quite extensive (i.e. multiple AND/OR conditions, multiple columns, etc.), making this quite unpractical to deploy for dozens of bookmarks, especially if the requirements for the filters change on a regular basis.

Hi @v-easonf-msft,

Thanks so much for your works and information. Looking forward to the next update.

Best Regards,

Zhaodan  

Hi , @Zhaodan 

After my  test ,this issue has been solved.

If it is ,please mark it as solved  to close this thread.

Best Regards,

Hi,  @Zhaodan 

I can  reproduce your problem  in  "West Central US","Central US" , " East US 2 ".

I will continue to do further research on this.

And I will update result here if we get the answer.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors