Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Bookmarks NOT WORKING on app.powerbi or embedded for any of our reports

The entire Bookmarking function is not working on any tabs on any reports where we've made extensive use of this feature.  The Status board says everything is fine.  What do I do!!

Thank you,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@v-shex-msft  The new action buttons on the April release do the job.  They're brilliant.  Tom

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

BOOKMARKS NOT WORKING on any reports in app.powerbi.com or embedded reports.

I've posted this on issues...which is weird because it is in the ideas forum and when you post an issue it is treated like an idea.  How do I report this?  The Support site https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ says all is well.  

Any thoughts here? Anyone else have this issue.

Tom

HI @ThomasDay,

Which embed method you used? Can you please provide more details information about this issue?

If you mean 'publish to web' feature, current bookmark feature not works on reports which embed by publish to web feature.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Here's what's happening.  Yesterday, mid-day, the behavior of "bookmark images" linked to bookmarks changed.  An image title is no longer clickable...only the non title part of the image..  That is an unannounced change and every one of our bookmarks is attached to very compressed images since they take up a lot of space and space is in short supply.  So, our commercial site went down...yes went down.

And, btw, this is not the way desktop continues to work....still!!  Desktop worked as it always has regarding images linked to bookmarks--the entire image including the title are and have always been clickable, while app.powerbi and therefore embedding changed yesterday by making only the non-title part of the image clickable.

For all powerbi's strength, this sort of carelessness or intentional change, deprecating features or changing significantly the mechanics of a feature just put sand in the gears of developing in powerbi.  It's not the first time I've seen it.  Hope someone reads this in the dev team and understands how many people out there use and depend on progress and stability.

I have fixed one of the models over night and will be working on the others.  

Tom

Hi @ThomasDay,

Actually, power bi team are release lots of features, so it is highly possible to cause some issue(new feature release, modify on old features).

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you to contact to power bi team in-time to confirm these scenarios, it will help for fix these issues.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft Yes, I would like to.  I'd posted an issue which hadn't been accepted until I narrowed the issue down to the image file as described.   I'll provide more info on the issues post now that the moderator has requested addition information.  Tom

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@v-shex-msft  The new action buttons on the April release do the job.  They're brilliant.  Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors