Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CerebusBI
Resolver I
Resolver I

Bookmark pane cannot be closed (the x is missing)

According to the documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-bookmarks) it should be possible to close the bookmark pane with the x in the upper right corner.

CerebusBI_0-1641979948479.png

In my service this x is not shown.

CerebusBI_1-1641980123262.png

It's the same for reports and apps, or for Chrome and Edge.

The only way to get the bookmark pane to go away is to reload the report (F5).

What am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CerebusBI ,

In the screenshot screen you provided, it is the interface to view the current report, and the above Bookmark pane is the default display of the PBI page viewer.

The same as your screenshoot.

vhenrykmstf_1-1642386616201.png

So this kind of question seems to be whether to turn on the Bookmark function button. First select edit this report, then select whether to start the bookmark pane button in the view.

vhenrykmstf_0-1642386210024.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide point it out. Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-henryk-mstf,

Thanks for the reply.
Actually I was referring to the interface for the end user (consumer) and not to the edit view.

Let me try to explain.

In the end user interface: When the user selects "Show more bookmarks" (compare your first screenshot), a pane opens on the left hand side with which the user can select bookmarks defined in the report.

But as the pane consumes valuable space, I want to be able to tell the end user how to close the pane again.
I would have expected an x-icon to close the pane, but that doesn't seem to exist - at least not in my environment (contrary to the documantation).

CerebusBI
Resolver I
Resolver I

... maybe it's clearer with this larger clipout:

CerebusBI_0-1641980570802.png

No x there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors