Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ksivaganesh99
Helper II
Helper II

Bookmark pages filter pane across different bookmarks in the same page

Hi all,

I have three bookmarks in a single page and switching them based on three buttons as shown below. Also I have page level filter which applies to all the bookmarks. I unchecked "Data" option under bookmarks so that page level filter selection will apply to all the bookmarks. I have taken bookmarks when the filter pane is in closed position.

Bookmarks.png

Once user opens the filter pane in one of the bookmarks and selects a filter at page level and then navigates to another bookmark, filter selection is there but filter pane is getting closed. I don't want the filter pane to be closed(based on user action) when navigating across bookmarks.

Any help is highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ksivaganesh99 ,

Sorry for misunderstanding. It is not supported to expand and collapse filter pane automatically.  For now, we need to do it manually or make it fixed in bookmarks like the .gif above shown.

You could submit an idea for the feature in Power BI Ideas.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ksivaganesh99 ,

I create a simple sample. But I can't reproduce your scenario. Please download my sample to have a try. If there is difference between my report and yours, please point it out.

1.gif

Reference:

Create bookmarks in Power BI Desktop to share insights and build stories 

Bookmarks and Buttons: Making Power BI Charts Even More Interactive 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xuding-msft ,

Thank you for the reply.

My scenario is:

I have two bookmarks with filter panes closed and also have a long page(1200*1400). When I select filter in one bookmark and switch to other one then already opened filter section is getting closed.

MultipleBookmarks (1).gif

Hi @ksivaganesh99 ,

Sorry for late back. Please update the bookmark page when the filter pane is expanded. 

1.gif

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

@v-xuding-msft  Thanks for the reply. I don't want to keep the filter pane open. I want it behave like a page navigation in which filter pane is open or close based on user's selection.

Appreciate your help.

Hi @ksivaganesh99 ,

Sorry for misunderstanding. It is not supported to expand and collapse filter pane automatically.  For now, we need to do it manually or make it fixed in bookmarks like the .gif above shown.

You could submit an idea for the feature in Power BI Ideas.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ksivaganesh99 

I don't think you can, but it's there as an idea you can vote for
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37878781-filter-pane-applied-show...

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors