Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DP
Regular Visitor

Bookmark Display only option is not working on the web service

I have two bookmarks and each of them is set to change the display of some visuals on the report only, not the data which is filterd by another slicer. The bookmark feature is working fine on the Power BI desktop, however when I upload to web services, it's not working at all. Is there anyone experiencing with this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @DP,

By my tests, I cannot reproduce your issue.

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

You also could have a test with my test pbix which has been attached.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry,

Thanks for replying my post.

It's hard for me to provide a dummy pbix file as it contains all the sensitive data, however I can provide a screenshot of the report and reproduce the issue by steps below:

- Basically, my report has one page only and I used the selection pane to hide/unhide some visuals on the page and then bookmarked them.

- In the bookmark pane, I untick the "data" option in order to change the display of the visuals only.

- I have a slicer which is a table containing a list of items.

- I created two buttons which are associated with the bookmarks.

- When I select an item on the table, it filters visuals. Then, I click on any buttons, the visual display will be changed according to the bookmark attached in it, but the selected item will not be changed.

The feature is working well on the Power BI desktop without any problems however it's not when I publish it to web service. Not sure if it is a bug in the web service or not.

Best regards,

DP

Bookmark Issue.PNG

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @DP

You don't need to upload your actual pbix, you could share an dummy pbix which could reproduce your issue so that I could test it in my site, if that is an issue I will report it internally.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors