Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

daniele_tiles
Helper II
Helper II

Block Classic Workspace Creation

Hi to all,

I've read a month ago this article: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/roadmap-update-whats-next-for-the-new-workspace-experience-....

We wanted to block the classic workspace creation, but I can't see this option yet.

Any news?

Best regards

Daniele

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @daniele_tiles ,

I think you are searching for this as answer 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDT9zQOewXY

Be patient it will be possible, soon 🙂

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

KBO
MVP

Hi @daniele_tiles ,

it is now available :).

Update PBI Service -Workspaces.gif

Best,

Kathrin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KBO
MVP

Hi @daniele_tiles ,

it is now available :).

Update PBI Service -Workspaces.gif

Best,

Kathrin

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @daniele_tiles ,

I believe that the tenant settings for Workspace settings - "Create workspaces (new workspace experience)" when enabled means that you can only create new workspaces.  And, the default is the new workspace.

There still is an option for an individual to "Revert to Classic" when they create a workspace and I suspect that this will go away after a while.  That part would have to be training- telling those that can create workspaces to NOT use the "Revert to Classic".  

I guess all that to say that you can't actually stop it entirely yet (unless you take away the permission to create workspaces at all), but, they have to manually do it and it takes more effort on them to create an old workspace.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi,

the flag for creating new workspaces has been enabled long time ago, while this should be a new flag, and we still get workspaces created when new Teams are created.

So I don't think this is the right answer.

Regards

Daniele

Hi @daniele_tiles ,

For now, we can't restrict users to only create new app workspace.  And unfortunately, there is not a workaround about this requirement😣. Please try to submit an idea here to get the feature implemented.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I really don't understand if the answers I received are based on the article I've posted!

The official Power BI blog announced that there will be by summer 2020 a new setting in the tenant options, as described.

We checked, hopefully to activate and try it, but nothing. So we wrote, thinking maybe someone knows about a more precise release date, or maybe there is a delay...

I shouldn't think it's another option, or even absurdly ask for an idea for a feature that's already been announced!

I was just asking about: has anyone got any news about it?

Thank you

Daniele

Hi @daniele_tiles ,

I think you are searching for this as answer 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDT9zQOewXY

Be patient it will be possible, soon 🙂

Best,

Kathrin

Thank you Kathrin...we'll be patient 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors