Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Blank Reports on Refresh

I have a report that on publish, the report vizualizations are visible but once refreshed via personal gateway, my dashboards and reports become blank. The datasets from the fields are missing as well. It re-appears whe I do a re-publish from PBI desktop again. I've already tried clearing out the report and page level filters but still get the same results.

The data source is a flat file and other queries referring to the same source are not affected. The query is coming from appended queries in the query editor.

I cannot schedule a refresh due to the reports blanking out and have to resort to refreshing and re-publishing from the desktop. What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

The query is coming from appended queries in the query editor.

Could you please elaborate how did you append queries? You could create a calculated column to merge two column instead of append queries. Here is a similar issue for you reference, please refer to the link below.
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Refresh-data-gives-blank-values-after-appending-queries/td-p/115811

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

The query is coming from appended queries in the query editor.

Could you please elaborate how did you append queries? You could create a calculated column to merge two column instead of append queries. Here is a similar issue for you reference, please refer to the link below.
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Refresh-data-gives-blank-values-after-appending-queries/td-p/115811

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-caliao-msft

Thanks for giving me an idea on where to start.

Athough I never found out where exactly it's been going wrong, I re-did my queries with merging instead of appending and the refresh is working now without blanking out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like that didn't do the trick.

I'm going back one more step and I guess I should mention that the query being used for the parts of the report blanking out is from a duplicated query, where I started unpivoting the data to get another dimension of the reports I'm after.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-caliao-msft

I basically sewed two different queries together that are similar in terms of column count and names to get a single dataset.

Capture.PNG

Okay, I will try doing merging instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors