Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SiebeV

Biztalk on premise datagateway

Hey everyone !

I've been having trouble with my Biztalk 2016 server and have been trying to troubleshoot this issue for a couple of weeks now.

Whenever i try to configure the gateway i get the error that "The gateway has been configurered correctly but there are local connectivity issues". Hence the local

I've been using the troubleshoot guide for the gateway and i'm 100% sure all the ports and domains are reachable. The network test integrated inside the configurator also comes back with 64/64 succesfull tests.

I've been setting the Gateway up on a local VM inside the same network and there everything seems to work fine. So i don't think there is any outbound/incoming tcp/http ports or domains blocked. (i also opened up all the neccesary ports). I guess it must be something machine related.

Did anyone else have this issue ?

Please come at me with Hints/Tips on how i could fix these so called local connectivity issues.

All help is welcome and is much appreciated !

Thank you to everyone engaging on this post in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SiebeV

you install Power BI Desktop and configure gateway/schedule refresh in the Biztalk 2016 server,

then your data source is stored in a local VM, also you store the on-premises gateway in this local VM.

Right ?

If you have a pro license, I would suggest you to open a support ticket.

15.png

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi @v-juanli-msft,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm talking about 2 different machines here. The local VM i was running was on my desktop computer which was on the same network as the Windows server.

Are you telling me i should install Power BI Desktop on my windows server ? I don't believe this would make any difference unless i'm missing something ?

I don't have a pro license so i can't really open a support ticket.

I've tried doing a telnet to servicebus.windows.net on the different ports and i don't seem to get a tcp true or ping true.

But this is the same case on my desktop VM so i guess this shouldn't be a problem because it's working there. (The gateways is set to Http mode).

Any other tips would be welcome.

Also give me some advice on the PowerBI Desktop part, Do i really need it to install the gateway ?

Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors