Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

windmolinos

Bit Confused with permissions for Apps

Hi all.

I'm new here, nice to meet you all.

I have a workspace with premium capacity, and inside I have created dashboards, reports and each report has a dataset.

Then I have created an app with all this.

I have assigned permissions in the APP to the entire organization.

My question is:

What about the permission to the workspace, dashboard, reports and datasets.

Are they required?

I just want users to have read-only access to all the content.

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@windmolinos, when you publish content to the app and assign users to have access to the app then this allows  those users to have read-only access to the content in the app.

Access to the workspace directly is only needed for content creators typically from what I have seen. These are going to be mostly your Power BI Pro members. However, you have other objects shared by workspaces so keep in mind those shared resources will be accessible by members in the workspace.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

@windmolinos, when you publish content to the app and assign users to have access to the app then this allows  those users to have read-only access to the content in the app.

Access to the workspace directly is only needed for content creators typically from what I have seen. These are going to be mostly your Power BI Pro members. However, you have other objects shared by workspaces so keep in mind those shared resources will be accessible by members in the workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors