Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

mansivora
Frequent Visitor

Bing Map Issues when published to web

Hi

I have a report including a a simple Country filled map (Bing). The desktop reports looks fine. But when published to web, the map is inconsistent. Sometimes correct, sometimes not. Again sometimes the map looks different in different browsers. At times the countries are wrongly mapped in the published version. This has been happening since last couple days.

Attaching few snapshots below for reference.

I was able to clear cache in Chrome to get the correct map, but how can I expect the end user to do this everytime?

Would really appreciate to get a quick solution for this. Please help. 

Thank You!

Mansi

This is how the map looks in PBI Desktop (correctly mapped).

MapPBIDesktop.PNG

This is how it shows up on Edge, when published to web. Shade doesn't show up for some countries (Canada, for example).

MapErrorBing.png

Another instance, of published to web (Chrome). Shade doesn't show up for some countries (Canada, for example) as well as the ones where it appears it is incorrectly mapped (Vietnam showing up in South America).

MapError.png

(Posted this as issues as well)

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mansivora,

I was not able to reproduce this problem on my side. The Filled Map visual displayed areas correctly in both Chrome and Edge.

Chorme.

Chrome.PNG

Edge.

Edge.PNG

Please re-publish the report from desktop to service for a test. And, please update the Web Browser version to see if it works.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-yulgu-msft for looking into. My browser versions are latest.

The issue doesn't appear when we publish it for the first time. But started showing up later. Also, in Chrome when I cleared cache/cookies the map looked fine. The issue is we cannot expect the end user (of a public site) to do that everytime. Let me know if you need more information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors