Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mhar
Frequent Visitor

Big Query refresh error in Service

Hi! 

I've been reading on issues with refreshing data from BigQuery in the service. We have the same issue. Typical error (the table name will differ between loads):

{"error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server\r\nERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: table_name.

The workaround I have seen is to use Dataflow to first load the data there and then import to Power BI. I've set this up and it's working but it's far from an optimal solution. First the load to Dataflow takes in my case over and hour, then we have to import the data to the dataset instead of direct query (I know it's in the pipeline). But all in all the process is cumbersome and in relation to the whole transformation flow that takes 5 minutes in Biq Query would then require 1,5 h - 2h of import to BQ. In PBI Desktop the load directly from BQ is working and serialized so it takes about 20 min. 

So there are 2 questions. 

1. First of course looking for a solution to the original problem.

2. Do you use other workarounds that work? One dataflow per table? Other options?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mhar ,

I found that Power BI engineering team has resolved an issue impacting customers loading or refreshing reports using Google BigQuery in DirectQuery mode

Following the applied solution customers are required to re-enter credentials for the affected Dataset. To re-enter credentials navigate to Dataset Settings for affected datasets and re-enter credentials through “Edit credentials” under the Data source credentials section.

Have you tried this?

Reference: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mhar
Frequent Visitor

Thanks,

I tried reentering the credentials but same error is there. 

Also my problem is not with Direct Query, rather it is Direct Query that works and import that doesn't work.

/Martin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors