Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Big Query refresh error in Power BI Service

Hello experts,

I'm connected to a view in BQ which refreshes normally through PBI desktop, but when publishing dataset to PBI service it gives this error:

• Data source error {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: VU_Budget_Tracker_AGG.
  • Cluster URI WABI-CANADA-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity ID 4fbdeb64-8d55-4667-9f2a-683f3c353b82
  • Request ID 648dfc6f-bcfb-1b9f-9a03-9c7df996e0a6

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin,

I was able to fix it by removing the appended query step in Power BI and appending the data in Big Query before pulling it into Power BI.

Thank you,

M

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you update your data structure on your data source side? Have you mixed both on-premise and online data sources in your report? Since we not so clear about your scenario, can you please share more detailed information?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin,

No changes to data structure, and yes mixing on-premise and online data sources.

These are the query steps for the table in the error:

Source (Big Query Import) > Navigation > Renamed Columns > Appended Query (another query with same column names from excel).

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thank you,

M

Hi @Anonymous,

Please create a duplicate query form the current query table and extract the parameter tables that used in the append query step to check if their data structure changes.

In addition, did this 'rename step' new added to your query table steps?  If this is a case, you need to check below the original table query steps which used old field names and manually fix them with new column names.
Notice:  Power query will cache the table structure into query steps, these structures do not auto-update.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin,

I was able to fix it by removing the appended query step in Power BI and appending the data in Big Query before pulling it into Power BI.

Thank you,

M

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, it doesn't like something in your VU_Budget_Tracker_AGG table. Other than that, it is a mystery.

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors