Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to create dashboard where any team member can update the source data

I have certain data that I retrieve manually in the form of csv files.  There is no way to connect this data directly to a sql server or other service, as the data comes from vendors who wouldn't provide such a service.

I would like to create a dashboard where the source data is located on a Sharepoint site and anyone with access to the data can update the dashboard by replacing the old csv files with new ones.

I think the only way to do this is with Service, but maybe a combination of Desktop and Service is best practice.  Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes, place the file in a well known location on your Sharepoint online site

Use Power BI desktop to create the report, pulling in the data from the Sharepoint online

Publish the report to the service

Schedule the report to be refreshed in the service

Below is a link that shows how to connect to file in Sharepoint online, though is says one drive, it works the same:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes, place the file in a well known location on your Sharepoint online site

Use Power BI desktop to create the report, pulling in the data from the Sharepoint online

Publish the report to the service

Schedule the report to be refreshed in the service

Below is a link that shows how to connect to file in Sharepoint online, though is says one drive, it works the same:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors