Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hickling
Frequent Visitor

Best methods for managing Dataflow permissions

Hi,

I'm aware that you can't manage permissions for Dataflows the same way you can for Datasets. I am wondering what the consensus is of best practice for dealing with many Dataflows containing sensitive material that all have different audiences. Am I stuck with just creating many many Workspaces with one or more Dataflows per Workspace, with duplication of sources of truth with different parameters? I can get around having duplicate sources of truth by using Linked Entities and tailoring each dataflow to its audience, but that adds additional load to our premium service as each linked entity requires refreshing multiple times a day. Don't have a reliable way to do row level security either, but I don't even think you can do that for Dataflows anyway. Just wondering if anyone has discovered an elegent solution to the glaring omission of dataflow permissions.

1 REPLY 1
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hickling

Currently, there is no good way to manage dataflow permissions. In other words, RLS does not currently support dataflow. I saw someone on the Ideas forum with the same need, you can vote for him . 

Microsoft Idea (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors