cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lp4034 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Best configuration for small business sharing Power BI Dashboards

I am interested in learning what the best solution is for implementing dashboard sharing within a small business utilizing Power BI as the BI tool.  The configuration would be 1 developer/admin, 4-5 interactive users, 15-20 consumers (view only).  The consumers and interactive users would need access both on-site and off-site.  I have read that I can publish to the web by virtue of owning one pro-license at $9.99 per month, but it doesn't seem like anything published to the web can be secured.  The cost of premium seems too expensive for a small business having mostly consumers vs a dev group,  but looks like that's my only option(?).  How are others configuring their implementation?  It would be really helpful to understand.

Grateful for the input!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Best configuration for small business sharing Power BI Dashboards

Hi 

I'm afraid there is no better way for your requirements than using premium.

Best Regards

Maggie

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi 

I'm afraid there is no better way for your requirements than using premium.

Best Regards

Maggie

Highlighted
lp4034 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply Maggie and I appreciate the honest response.  Unfortunately, I think a minimum cost of $60,060 per year leaves a lot of small businesses out in the cold.  We like the product, and I realize Microsoft needs to make a profit, but there doesn't seem to be a platform for small businesses vs medium/large.  Disappointing.

Best Regards,

Lorraine

EricGottlieb Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Lorraine,

I think the best option for you at this time would be to get Pro licences (9.99/month) for every one in the business who is planning on consuming or developing content. The breakeven point between Pro and Premium is around 450 active users (not including the cost of each pro license when calculating cost of premium). You may also want to consider passing around one PBIX file on a share drive (obvously not ideal).

I agree with you that there doesn't seem to be a good pricing option for small organizations. I hope this helps.

Best,

Eric  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 277 members 2,961 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: