Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rainerpowerbi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Barchart with preselection(Desktop) is not applied in Cloud

Hi,
I created a bar-chart with a preselection (used bookmark) for the present month.

rainerpowerbi_0-1602066928889.png

After publishing into Cloud the used bookmark with the visual filter for the present month disappears by calling the report.
The report shall called including the visual filter for the present month. Is it possible ?
Kind regards

Rainer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Xiaoxin,

I founf for me a solution with a slicer with preselection during publishing instead a bar-visual with a preselection during publishing.

Thank you ver ymuch for your answer.

Kind regards

Rainer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rainerpowerbi 
Bookmark saves the state of the page, exactly as it is at the time of saving a bookmark. 
It is obvious that you are seeing all the data .
Click on Edit -->view-->enable the bookmark option to view the bookmark 
bookmarkpane.png

To make bookmark more interactive assign bookmark to a button or image so that once we click the image the bookmark must be visible

Hi,

what I do not understand:
If I publish a report including a selection within slicer this selection is AUTOMATICALLY taken and displayed within CLOUD.
If I publish a report including a selection within a bar-visual (PRESENT MONTH) this selection is AUTOMATICALLY NOT applied within CLOUD.

Is this the present behaviour of PowerBI ?

Kind regards

Rainer

Hi @rainerpowerbi,

SO you mean the visual level filter not kept when you apply in the bookmark and publish to the power bi service? What version of power bi desktop are you test? Can you please share a pbix file with the dummy data to test? 

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

BTW, did this visual added after you finish created the bookmark? If this is a case, it only keeps the default effect instead of applying the saved filters. You can refer to the following document to know more about this:

Create bookmarks in Power BI Desktop to share insights and build stories#limitations-and-considerati... 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

I founf for me a solution with a slicer with preselection during publishing instead a bar-visual with a preselection during publishing.

Thank you ver ymuch for your answer.

Kind regards

Rainer

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors