Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Bad request error while connecting flow via HTTP request



I've a flow which picks up the data from Power BI dataset on refresh. It worked well few times but the below error started coming up.

Something went wrong
Unable to connect to the data source undefined.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: Web.Contents failed to get contents from '' (400): Bad Request
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind: Web
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: DataSource.Error
Cluster URI:
Activity ID: ae93be32-e1ce-4321-aa39-4de61dd45b60
Request ID: 7e5133e5-9d93-03b9-da86-b5d1fb6d394b
Time: 2020-09-11 04:35:44Z


Tried from Power BI desktop as well and it's the same error. Nothing changed in either of configurations. Can someone help please? Happy to provide more details.




Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sasigouru ,

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sasigouru ,

Which type of the data source and how did you try to connect it ? Based on the error message, it could cause by Web.Contents() with your data source.

Maybe you can refer these blogs that could help you:

  1. Web.Contents(), M Functions And Dataset Refresh Errors In Power BI 
  2. Dynamic Web.Contents() and Power BI Refresh Errors 


Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.


Hi @v-yingjl 


Thank you for your response. I'll check the references you've provided.


I've been working with the power automate team on this issue. The way i see it, the flow was never triggered. The webcontents function is trying to make a call and pass the inputs, but the couldn't reach the destination. This flow worked well for quite few times and this error comes up later. I tried by making copies of the flow configuartion and replacing the new urls from the http connector in the webcall in power Bi. This again ran 4-5 times and was not triggered post that. I also noticed "Fix Trigger" error on flow home page.


Power Automate team got back to me saying there's something wrong at the source end, but were unable to answer my question about why there successful runs if there's any issue with the source or the content. At this moment, the product team is still investigating the root cause. Will keep this post updated as soon as I hear back from them.


Thank you for your patience!!



Super User III
Super User III

Go to  and if this is not listed then scroll to the bottom of the page and submit a support ticket.

@lbendlin Thank you.


 I did raise a support ticket with the flow team. Will update here as soon as I hear back.

Helpful resources


Happy New Year from Power BI

This is a must watch for a message from Power BI!

December Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2020 Updates!

Community Blog

Check it Out!

Click here to read the latest blog and learn more about contributing to the Power BI blog!

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors