Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CoboleiroBr
Helper I
Helper I

Background powerpoint export issue

Hello!

I'm pretty new to Power BI and a user need to export the report to PowerPoint.

Problems:

1 - The selected filters in slicers are not respected when exporting

2 - The background (in dark blue, containing a company logo) is completely out of position (sensitive data hidden with brown boxes)Powerpoint.pngAre these known problems?

Any tips?

I've tried to replace the background by images and filled shapes, but besides to have an ugly blank strip at the top of the report, I don't have the same shadow effects applied to background.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@CoboleiroBr Yes, these are known issues with exporting to PowerPoint.

Another option is to use the "Power BI Tiles" - this is a 3rd party app that I've used in the past. It's pretty slick and you don't have these issues.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@CoboleiroBr Yes, these are known issues with exporting to PowerPoint.

Another option is to use the "Power BI Tiles" - this is a 3rd party app that I've used in the past. It's pretty slick and you don't have these issues.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer !

I'll take a look...

But it is sad to see these problems and limitations...I hope this is corrected soon...

@CoboleiroBr One thing to understand with Power BI is that MSFT is pushing out functionality for users to be able to do things, with the understanding that it may not be "feature complete" and requires additional work, but want feedback before pursuing something not needed. If you take a look here at the idea, I would recommend you add a vote and take the survey. This will help them figure out how to best implement.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors