Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Background Image not displayed after embedded publish report.

Created Power BI report and want to add white background only for filter section, 
For that create image of background and set as page background,
Check here, White section for background and remaining as it is.
Custom Size – 2.jpg

After uploading report on server image displayed in report, but after publishing file on web with Embedded then image disappeared from background. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Acutally, the background can be displayed on the Power BI service, right? Is it possible that the platform on which you publish the report restricts the insertion of relevant background? You can remake a simple test report and publish it to your platform to check whether there is a problem with the report itself. If the background is still blank, it may be that your platform restricts the background restrictions, which requires you to verify.

Best Regards,

Yuna

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Acutally, the background can be displayed on the Power BI service, right? Is it possible that the platform on which you publish the report restricts the insertion of relevant background? You can remake a simple test report and publish it to your platform to check whether there is a problem with the report itself. If the background is still blank, it may be that your platform restricts the background restrictions, which requires you to verify.

Best Regards,

Yuna

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Yuna

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you share your sample .pbix file with me please? (just include the part with the error) You can save your files in OneDrive, Google Drive, or any other cloud sharing platforms and share the link here.

Best Regards,

Yuna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuaj-msft 

This is another the sample file created with Background, Which i published on my platform then background image not displayed. I got that image in page load (in gzip) but didn't displayed in UI.
You can get the file from:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bKD37gVMOd_azQs2nqnp5Jae5IDOyL_d/view?usp=sharing

After publishing on plat form it looks like this:
1.jpg2.jpg

And in power BI server Background image displayed:
3.jpg

And yes, if this issue from web hosting then at top US map with flag image also not uploaded. 
Thanks.

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

That's wierd. Have you changed the transparency of the background in your visual as follows? Or have you tried different browers to open your report?
020901.gif

Best Regards,

Yuna

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuaj-msft 
I already checked it, 
If transparency 100% then it should not de displayed in desktop or power BI server.
But it set as 0% so image displayed in BI server, but didn't displayed after published on web with embedded.

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you tried resetting the background and reposting to the service? Will the same error still occur? Is your Power BI Desktop the latest version?

Best Regards,

Yuna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I tried more than twice for the same but not getting Bg_image after embedded publish, It dispalyed in power BI server,
I'm using version 2.88.1682.0 64-bit (December 2020)
Issue remaining the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I do that more than 5 times with different image extentions (.jpg, .png., ...), 
Here please check section behing VIEWS, this is the screenshot from BI server publish.

nv_prajapati_3-1612787408745.png

Now when published it on web portal, background goes disapper.

nv_prajapati_2-1612787369678.png

what to do?
not getting any solution for it.

I'm having the same problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors