Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Background Image Transparency Changes Page to Grey

Hello, Since this morning, it looks as through a change has been made to the way background images are handled. When the transparency is increased, the entire background changes from white to grey. I have a number of reports with client logos set to 95% transparency as a background image and now all reports have a high contrast grey background that looks terrible. All pages on the web (where published to the web) are now also grey. The issues goes away if the background image is removed or transparency is decreased to 0%. It does not happen on desktop. Please fix. Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
mitchiemasha

2024... still having this issue!

castielcarlysle

I have the same exact problem with my macpro. All my word documents with jpg file as its background have been completely greyed out. It happened right after I have updated to Mojave. The jpg background files for all communications of the company looked funny when printed out. When on screen, it does not show up as grey color, however, when you print it out, the entire image is grayed out especially when you set the transparency level differently. But, when the transparency is at 0%, the printed document looks fine, only, the entire jpg background is solidly visible, defeating the purpose of you setting it as a background.

I came up with a temporary solution though, but it does not solve the actual problem.

Please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue is now appearing on the Desktop App. Still no word on a fix from Microsoft.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. All pages are grey 😕 just becuase i have a background picture opacity to 95%.

I did a workaround - set transparency for original picture to 95% and page background trasparency to 0%.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the workaround I've been forced to go with also. But it's a pain as I'm dealing with lots of different company logos with different colours and shades. So I need the ability to tweak the transparency against the data in the report.

Spotswould

In Power BI desktop look at the Background property. Is it set to on? If so is it set to white? If it is then the chances are that PBI desktop selected that color for you automatically, but did it badly.

Check the custom color for the items that have the gray background. Chances are that the Hex value for them is FFF. It needs to be FFFFFF. Either type in the missing 3 F characters, or you can get PBI Desktop to force the value in by opening the colour dialogue and physically clicking the little white tile from the available pallet; This seems to assign FFFFFF to the hex value, which you can check in the Custom color dialogue of the background property. Now republish to PBI service and it is fixed.

Alternatively, switch off the background property for the affected PBI objects completely and republish.

Thank you, however this isn't the issue. The color is FFFFFF. And it only appears grey when the transparency is not 0%.

Also, yes, removing the background "fixes" this problem as the background will no longer appear grey, but then it makes the background feature of having a logo or such completely useless. This does not fix the actual problem at hand.

mmerchak
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am having the issue company wide as well. It looks fine in the desktop version, but once uploaded online it turns grey. It is making the reports look quite odd.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

I test on my side but I can't reproduce this issue, can you please share more detailed information?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft

Was there any update on this problem, is this a widespread issue or should a ticket be raised on an individual basis?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI - The ticket I rasied (SR 118062218440035) was closed with no resolution or explanation. I am following up to get more info. When I spoke to Microsoft Support they said around 5 instances of the problem had already been recorded so hopefully there's a master ticket they're working on somewhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have this issue company wide

Finding the same issue within the last week.  The problem does not occur on the desktop application.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft,

See screenshots below. When the transparency of a background image is increased, the page background changes from white to grey. This has made all my reports look awful as they have the client logo at 95% transparency as a watermark on each page.

A support ticket has been raised (SR 118062218440035). So it will be resolved through this channel I imagine.

GreyBackNoTrans.PNGGreyBack.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors