Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rittsui
Frequent Visitor

BI data shaping - Enterprise database + One drive for business

Hi, 

I am now building a report from PowerBI linking source of:
1. enterprise datasource data gateway
2. excel file from one drive of business.

At the end, I successfully build up the file and publish to the sharespace with my team.
However, only me can read the data in the report while the rest of the users showing all errors and can read nothing.

Anything I can do to let all users to read the data?
Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@rittsui,

When configuring RLS in Power BI dataset, you would need to add the users as RLS role members in Power BI Service, otherwise they will not be able to view reports.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@rittsui,

When configuring RLS in Power BI dataset, you would need to add the users as RLS role members in Power BI Service, otherwise they will not be able to view reports.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rittsui
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your message.
I just figured out it's because I set some RLS level security and the problem is solved now.
Many thanks.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@rittsui,

What error message do the users get? How do you share the Power BI report to the users in Power BI Service?

Regards,

Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors