Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dherman201

BI data query to a CKAN database -refresh stopped working

Hello

I have built a few BI reports accessing a CKAN database.  They are set to refresh daily. As of a few weeks ago the refresh started failing.

The message that are returned seem to vary, but below is one of them.  

I also get the message  "Access to the resource if forbidden"

I've tried connecting to the source agian through Power BI  "Get Date" sending in the authorization string and I get the same error.

However I can go to Postman and using the same URL and authentication credentials, it works fine.

I'm sort of new to PowerBI so if I've left out any information, please just ask.  I did nothing to change the query.   Also it seems to be happening to multiple reports that have been working and refresshing for months.  They are not all accessing the same data from the CKAN site but they are all from the same site.

Appreciate any assistance.

Here is the email that I am getting when the refresh fails:  PDS KPI is the name of a report.
PDS KPI has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid. (Source at http://www.civicdata.com/api/3/action/datastore_search.). The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: PRE-APP.

Next refresh for PDS KPI is scheduled for April 15, 2021 7:00 UTC.

Learn more >

Technical Information

Activity Id:

c50c8bf8-3760-40d3-98c0-a18e308437c4

Request Id:

94f09e29-5af1-4810-b98d-cb0b9d71d9c7

Cluster Name:

WABI-US-GOV-IOWA-redirect.analysis.usgovcloudapi.net

Refresh Start Time:

April 14, 2021 7:01 UTC

Refresh End Time:

April 14, 2021 7:09 UTC

4 REPLIES 4
NimaiAhluwalia
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @dherman201 

Hope you are doing good!

I got the same error message and got fixed.

In the Power BI service, go to dataset settings and check the data source credentials section. Click edit credentials and re-enter the credentials again then refresh the dataset. it will work.

If not then have a look at this bellow or else open a support ticket they might help you to troubleshoot the issue

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Refresh-Failed-Internal-Service-Error/td-p/381780

Also, have a look at this

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Error-Message-in-Service/m-p/1781201#M125796

IF MY SOLUTION HELPED YOU PLEASE DO HIT A LIKE AND ACCEPT IT AS A SOLUTION IF IT SOLVES YOUR ERROR!

Thanks for the reply

I tried even creating a new report and still got the error.

Hi @dherman201 ,

Is it works well in power bi desktop with the same credential? This error can occur because of expired cached credentials. Clear your internet browser cache by going signing into Power BI and going to https://app.powerbi.com?alwaysPromptForContentProviderCreds=true . This forces an update of your credentials.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hello @dherman201 

The above solution helped many cases with a similar type of issue it not in your case then well you can try creating a support ticket for free if you are a pro user!

Regards,

IF MY SOLUTION HELPED YOU PLEASE DO HIT A LIKE AND ACCEPT IT AS A SOLUTION IF IT SOLVES YOUR ERROR!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors