Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

user900
Helper II
Helper II

BI Service Workspace

I uploaded my dashboard to my development workspace. Myself and one other developer are Admins to the WS with Contributor access. The dashboard is a shared file. Is there a way or a setting that will make the file Read-only when one of us is in it for viewing or editing, so that the other knows? This will help us not to overwrite each others updates.  This would be similar to a shared excel file that would open as read-only if another user had it open.

Please and thanks ~new user (1st post)    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @user900,

Currently it is not supported to view others online status when orthes are viewing or editing report in power bi.

Maybe you can summit a idea here.

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @user900,

Currently it is not supported to view others online status when orthes are viewing or editing report in power bi.

Maybe you can summit a idea here.

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @user900 

Currently this is not possible when using the same App Workspace.

I currently work where I use OneDrive where it is shared to ensure that multiple users do not overwrite the same file?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors