Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ahsan
Regular Visitor

BI Report Linking like hyperlink.

Hi there,

I am using Online BI Module to develop reports.

Wondering how we can connect report like a hyper link with eachother.

For an example: 

Parent Table 1 --- Child Table 1.1

--- Child Table 1.2 --- Child Table 1.2.1

--- Child Table 1.2.2

--- Child Table 1.2.3

--- Child Table 1.3

multiple table links to each other one to many relationship. If i click on parent primary key column  I should be able to nevigate to child table detail which is in anotehr report and so one. 

Thanks,

-Ahsan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ahsan,

For your sceanrio, it seems that Drill through should be the choice.

If you think drill through cannot help you, I'm afraid that there is no better way to achieve your requirement.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ahsan,

It seems that you're are looking for Drill through feature.

You could have a reference of this document about how to use Drill through in Power BI.

In addition, you also could refer to Bookmark in Power BI.

You could have a good look at this video which demo around 52:00 shows drilling into other reports from visuals, and a whole bookmarking feature.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Cherry for your response.

Yes, I am looking for drill down funtionality but not from one object to another - on click want to link report and I believe parameter passing will happen somewhere as well.

Parent Table 1 (Bar Chart ) --- Child Table 1.1 (Pi Chart)

--- Child Table 1.2 (Pi Chart) --- Child Table 1.2.1 (Line Chart)

--- Child Table 1.2.2 (Line Chart)

--- Child Table 1.2.3 (Line Chart)

--- Child Table 1.3 (Pi Chart)

Thanks,

Hi @ahsan,

What about Bookmark feature in Power BI I mentioned for the first reply?

In addition, do you want to link the tables in one report or several reports?

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Cherry,

Thank you so much for sharing time and efforts to address this matter.

Here are steps and PDF link to understand graphical representation to understand bit better.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f8C1G7i2vt1L8MVo1yIJud-J9Bl5W71q

We have 3 reports and steps to follow:

Report # 2:

1. We have Report # 2 (Report 2 - Tag 1) which has few columns (Report 2 - Tag 2-8)
  2. We want to split this one into multiple report and each report show have different kind of charts.
  3. For this example, report we will split Report # 2 into further two names as Report # 3 & 4.

Report # 3:

1. We have taken the first column from Report # 2 (Report 2 - Tag 2) and created new Report # 3.
  2. We want to show Bar chart for this report (Report 3 - Tag 1).
  3. When we click on each bar chart column or associated row (Report 3 - Tag 2 or Tag 3) we want to link to another Report # 4 which filter records only for selected row or chart bar. e.g. ‘Federal Compliance’ or General Tracer’

Report # 4:

1. This is almost the same one as Report # 2, except it does not have ‘Tracker Type’ column (Report 2 - Tag 2).

So, Report # 2 is our current situation and we split the data and want to link Report # 3 with filtered data in Report # 4 upon Report 3 selected record click.

Also, bookmark feature that you have mentioned will not work for us, as we want differnt kind of charts for selected dataset.

For this drill we just want to Report #3 to link to Report # 4 with filtered data - severt report option is not valid for now. but if we know how to link one report to other can achieve with several as well, I believe.

Thanks much,
-Ahsan

Hi @ahsan,

For your sceanrio, it seems that Drill through should be the choice.

If you think drill through cannot help you, I'm afraid that there is no better way to achieve your requirement.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Thank much for confirming - much appreciated.

-Ahsan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors